How To Make My Favourite Homemade Treat: YAM CHEWS!!!
What You Need: One large yam or sweet potato, two large baking sheets and a human to help you.
- Preheat oven to it’s lowest setting. 175 to 200 is best.
- Wash and cut yam in to thick slices. A 1/4 inch thickness works well.
- Place yam slices on cookie sheets. They can overlap as they will all shrink in size.
- Bake for 6 to 8 hours depending on how crunchy/chewy you like them flipping every 2 hours. Mom bakes mine for 8 hours. The longer they bake the better they store.
- Let cool and store in airtight bag/container.
Note: If you like yours more on the chewy side you may need to refrigerate them.
And that’s it! Enjoy!